Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ole' Dip

For the record, I genrally like healthy recipes.  I like the stuff I can use fresh, natural, organic type ingredients in.  With that said, some of the yuck food I know I should give up just finds away into my kitchen.  This recipe is a favorite of my college age niece.  She got it from a dear friend of our's who lost her battle with cancer last year.  I can't make it without think of Donna and smiling.  this one is for you Lauren and Donna!

Ole' dip:

Ingredients:
One package of cream cheese...softened
One can of store bought chili...NO BEANS-I am not sure why...I LOVE beans in my chili!
One full package of shredded cheddar or mexican style cheese.

In a shallow dish, I use a pie pan, spread softened cream cheese on the bottom covering completely.
Evenly disperse can of chili over the cream cheese and then top with cheese.  Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted completely.  Feel free to add diced tomatoes or green onions on top after cooking.  Serve with chips.  My favorite with this dish are Frito Scoops.  Mmmmm...Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment